Thursday, May 12, 2011

Fabric Flower Brooches

A few weeks ago my friends and I threw a baby shower (I know! Another one! But I think we are done for a while...) for two expecting mothers-- one expecting a girl and one expecting a boy. We played off of "boy vs. girls" for the shower theme, and divided the guests into teams as they arrived.

To divide them into teams, we had them pick a fabric flower pin to wear. Pink to represent the girls team and blue to represent the boys team. The games we played were pretty chill-- actually the whole shower was pretty chill-- my favorite kind! And, as a bonus, the flowers acted as a great favor! I'm all about party favors that will actually be used after the shower.




I basically followed this rolled fabric flower tutorial from My Sparkle with a few changes-- I backed it with felt, glued a safety pin to the felt to use to secure the brooch, and added some fabric leaves!

No comments:

Post a Comment