Friday, December 17, 2010

Vintage Print Baby Dress



Last night I whipped up this baby dress from (surprise) Made by Rae. It's her itsy bitsy baby dress pattern that you can get for free on her blog. Hers is for a newborn, so I did enlarge it quite a bit.

Other changes I made include sewing rickrack around the middle instead of piping and lining the skirt as well as the bodice. The strawberry print (though adorable) is very VERY sheer, so that's the reason for additional lining. It wasn't hard to add at all.



The fabric comes from an estate sale that I went to the other morning-- I got a whole tub full of fabric for only $5.00! ! After sorting through it, there wasn't as much as I had hoped because a lot of it was scraps under 3 inches big. Apparently this lady saved everything! But this strawberry print and a few others totally made it worth it.

ps I know that the new mother that I made this for reads my blog but I am hoping that she is too busy to catch this post... :)

3 comments:

  1. CUTE!!! Love those little strawberries! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have the Pattern for the BB doll Dress.It is so sweet.
    But I don't know how to find your Blog.
    Please help.
    Bev in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  3. you said you altered the pattern to make it bigger... could you upload that pattern or send it to me ... pretty please?

    ReplyDelete